Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. Your greatest freedom is to ignore the drama of the world and just BE the peace and love that underlies it all. It’s all about finding the calm and peace in the chaos.
Motherhood and Fatherhood Psychology
The stress of the non-fulfillment of a wish for a child has been associated with emotional squeal such as anger, depression, anxiety, marital problems and feelings of worthlessness among the parents.
We can offer emotional support to both fathers and mothers from the pre-conception process to post-pregnancy
Our Psychologists specialize in the following difficulties and challenges:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Sexual intimacy
- Emotional support during the fertility roller coaster
- Emotional support during fertility journey/treatments
- Emotional and psychological support for early pregnancy challenges
- Emotional and psychological support for hyperemesis
- Coping with grief and loss after miscarriages, pregnancy loss and stillbirth
- Prenatal and postnatal mood difficulties
- Mother’s guilt
- Managing transitions and adjustments to motherhood and fatherhood
- Paternal depression
- Paternal support
- Maternal-Infant mental health (Bonding and Attachment)
- Circle of Security Parenting Program
Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Interventions
People seek psychotherapy for a variety of reasons in everyday life. Some pursue psychotherapy for treatment of depression and anxiety or any psychological concern and this is a big step toward feeling better. Others might want a different perspective from a professional, to change problem behaviors or cope with a major life transition such as the loss of a job, divorce or death of a loved one.
Some people might need help with coping with life’s demands as well as their roles and responsibilities in parenting, at school or at work. Juggling the roles of being a student, a parent, an employee or an employer is not easy. They might need help in managing their stressors that can affect just about anyone of us.
We provide counselling and psychotherapy for children, adolescents and adults:
- Child and adolescent behavioral and emotional issues
- Children with special needs or additional needs (ADHD/Autism)
- Kids In Divorce and Separation (KIDS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Burnout and stress
- Pain Management
- Caregiver stress and support
- Palliative support
- Parenting support
- Grief support
- Relationship and marital concerns
- Personal Development
- Clinical Supervision (by SRP supervisors and SAC registered supervisors)
A psychologist administer tests and assessments for a variety of reasons. Children who are underachieving and experiencing difficulties in school or overachieving in school may undergo aptitude testing or tests for learning disabilities.
If a person is experiencing difficulties at work or in their personal relationships. Tests can help a psychologist and client understand the underlying issues with anger management, interpersonal skills or personality traits that can contribute to the situation. Psychological tests and assessments allow a psychologist to understand the nature of the problem, and to figure out the best way to go about addressing it.
We provide the following assessments for Personality, Intelligence, Career, Achievement and Adaptive functioning:
- Developmental Assessment
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Learning: Specific Learning Disorders i.e. Dyslexia, difficulties with reading, writing and Maths
- School placement/application and Exam Accommodation
- IQ Assessment
- Gifted and Talented
- Personality Assessment i.e. Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)