The Private Practice logo was inspired by the Celtic motherhood knot which represents a parent and a child in an embrace. Our specialty lies in supporting parents in their journey to and within parenthood, children in their childhood as well as teenagers and adults in their transitions. We believe that family is the perfect mix of chaos and love. We aim to help you maintain that balance in your life and peace the chaos together.
The multi-disciplinary team of Masters and Doctorate level professionals at The Private Practice are registered allied health professionals with their respective professional registration body such as the Singapore Registered Psychologist (SRP), the Singapore Psychological Society (SPS), the Singapore Association for Counsellors (SAC) as well as the Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC). We have over a decade of experience in MOE schools, KK Women and Children Hospital as well as private clinics.
We help people who are broken inside. Unlike doctors who use x-rays or blood tests to determine why someone’s in pain, the wounds that interests us are hidden. We ask questions, and listen carefully to the answers. That’s how we discover why the person in front of us is “bleeding”.
We use an eclectic and person-centered approach in our interventions. Some of these approaches might include but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Choice Theory Reality Therapy, Schema Therapy, Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy, Transactional Analysis, The Gottman Method, Dialectic Behavioral Therapy, Trauma Informed Mindfulness Teaching, Positive Psychology and Redecision Therapy.
Meet the Team
Psy. D (Clinical Psychology)
MAAP (Counselling Psychology)
BS Psychology (USA)
Clinical Director, Head Consultant Psychologist with over a decade of collective experience at KKH, MOE Special Schools & Private clinics with a specialization in fertility psychology, parenting, working with women, children, adolescence, couples and parents. Oversees the skeleton of this organization.
MA Applied Finance
B.Com. Accounting and Finance (Aust)
Executive Director, overseeing the day to day functioning, marketing, external partnerships and human resource management, the backbone of this organization.
Our Partners and Affiliates
- The Working Capitol- “Well-being and mental health during COVID-19“
- The Straits Times- “Coronavirus: Have a good cry, come back stronger”
- The Asian Parent- “What To Say To Stillbirth Parents To Support Them, And Help Break The Silence“
- The Asian Parent- “The Importance of Mental Health and Family Support for a Healthy Pregnancy“
- Community Care Buddy- “You Say It Better When You Don’t Say These Things At All“
- The New Age Parent- “Negative Implications of Early Screen Exposure on Young Children’s Development”
- Little Day Out- “Play Beyond The Screen: Active Mediation & Interactive Play“
- Clarity Singapore- “The relationship needs to be the answer to your parenting problems“
- (2019) Patient and Family Perspective on Factors That Promote Recovery in Adolescent Depression in Singapore: A Qualitative Study. Asian journal of psychiatry, 46, 21.
- (2015) The relationship between perceived parenting styles, self-reported adult attachment styles and self-esteem of undergraduates in Singapore. National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University.
- (2011) Increasing Self-Determination Skills through the Use of the Individualized Transition Plan for Students with Mild Intellectual Disability in Singapore. Asian federation on intellectual disabilities.